How we work
- Our purpose is to reduce the incidence and impact of macular disease. It’s what brings us together.
Our values are the qualities we embody.
- Passion for making a positive impact for our community
- Trust. Our work is rigorous and evidence-based.
- Courage. We face our challenges and the unknown with courage and embrace innovation.
- Collaboration. We value collaboration for collective impact.
- Empowerment. Our strengths based approach empowers our community to live optimally with macular disease.
How we work together.
- We assume the best of each other and trust in our words and actions.
- We act with integrity and treat everyone with respect and dignity.
- We embrace diversity and promote inclusion.
- We communicate transparently and debate openly.
- We pursue disruptive and innovative solutions for our community.
Our promises to you
We will be transparent with your funds.
MDFA is a registered charity with the Australian Charities and Not for Profits Commission (ACNC) – the independent national regular of charities established by the Australian Government.
We are proud to hold the Registered Charity Tick from the ACNC. It identifies charities like us that are transparent, accountable, and meet the ACNC’s governance standards and reporting requirements.
We’ll keep in touch
We will send regular newsletters, send emails or make calls to show you the impact you are making. We will also ask you for your feedback regularly on how we can improve.
We will guard your privacy
We won’t share your details with other charities and marketers.
We will publish independently audited accounts each year on our website so that you will know how your donation is being used.
We’ll be available
We will be here for you to answer your questions, listen to your ideas or just say ‘hello’.