Following the Macular Degeneration Foundation’s Annual General Meeting on Wednesday 8 December 2010 the MD Foundation’s Annual Report is now available.
The Foundation’s vision is to reduce the incidence and impact of macular degeneration (MD) in Australia. This is achieved through our key objectives of education, awareness, research, support services and representation.
Key highlights of the 2009-2010 financial year include:
- Successfully represented the case to government to ensure existing benefits of the Extended Medicare Safety Net were maintained for the treatment of wet MD
- Continued to increase awareness of MD in Australia through national TV and radio advertising campaigns - Australia is now a world leader in awareness of MD
- Increased MD Awareness Week media impressions to a record high of 20 million
- Reached over 18,000 people at education sessions, expos and conferences nationally
- Increased visits to the MD Foundation website by 60% to 270,000
The MD Foundation is grateful to government, sponsors, supporters and volunteers whose generous support of the Foundation and its MD community have helped to make 2009-2010 a truly great year.
To download a pdf of the Annual Report click on the image below, or for a printed copy please call the MD Foundation on 1800 111 709.
To view all of the Foundation’s Annual Reports, click here.
12 December 2010