"I was diagnosed with macular degeneration at 39 years of age. I sought professional help and looked at what I could do, not what I couldn’t. I believe a ‘can do’ attitude will improve your quality of life.” Barry
There are a number of strategies that can be adopted to help prevent or overcome the challenges of low vision:
- Stay positive and set realistic goals
- Adjust and actively learn new skills, then feel empowered through accomplishment
- Keep things in perspective
- Accept limitations and don’t be too demanding of yourself
- Actively seek support from others, and
- Adopt a ‘can do’ attitude.