MD Awareness Week 2011 - Patron, Ita Buttrose launched MD Awareness Week 2011
The Foundation conducted its first ever mEYE World Photographic Competition, inviting people to capture their unique story through the lens of a camera and help raise awareness of Macular Degeneration.
Entrants were required to submit their photograph with 50 words or less to explain how their entry depicted the theme, “eyes on the future”. There were over 450 entries from all across Australia. The winners are listed below with the grand prize winner being Delma Wheatley (WA).
||Delma wrote “Having Macular Degeneration I often see life through the lens of my camera; capturing this tree in its glory, basking in the sun saturating her in rich gold dust like magic, creating a home for all creatures that lay solitude to this land. This tree gives testimony to life surviving this harsh environment as research gives future hope for curing MD”.
Winners of the mEYE World Photographic Competition left to right in the photo:
- Tsung-Heng Kuo – Open category (Vic)
- Charlotte Farquharson – Junior (under 18) category (Qld)
- Ita Buttrose – Patron MD Foundation
- Delma Wheatley – Macular Degeneration Community category (WA) and grand finalist
- Ian Robertson (optometrist) – Healthcare Professional category (WA)
Click here to view all winning photos and to find out more about the mEYE World Photographic Competition.